Ape Protocol Extension ( .ape )

This is just an idea that I believe would help create the apecoin ecosystem in a more userfriendly way. I am writing this so that I can help find the necessary people to work on this project, like developers and artists alike.
So here it goes ( Just a discussion )
Ape Protocol Extension ( APE ) will be an experimental naming system just like ENS. Just like .eth extension, .ape will be used by everyone in the Yuga labs ecosystem and beyond if other projects would like to add the resolver to their platforms.
This will help identify and shape the $ape culture across different mediums just like .ens and .lens has.

First step can be creating an infrastructure where people can mint their .ape extension and slowly expand the protocol.

Another idea is every mint can be like ENS i.e. small amount to mind or specific amount ranging from words limit. On top of this if this idea is funded by the DAO then I say we can send 50% back to the DAO treasury and use the other 50% to expand team cost involved.

If something like this can become a reality then I think phase 2 can include a .ape only social media platform.

Thats it, thats the idea. Feel free to discuss this above and beyond, if you think you are a really cool dev who would like to work on this with me then also feel free to contact me. I’m just an artist and curator here with a head full of ideas.

21 Likes

This is exactly the type of stuff we should be working on, love it!

11 Likes

Good idea :bulb:

• Native projects build on .ape
  • Apecoin runs like ens.domain that received fees from domain purchase
  • Premium ones get to be auctioned
12 Likes

pretty sick. in favor.

8 Likes

So, like a domain service, essentially? This is actually a pretty interesting idea with some pretty far-reaching implications. Love to hear more about this!

4 Likes

Love the concept! Will be interesting seeing the implementation :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Liking where this idea is going. The overall concept would enhance the experience of being in the ecosystem and further carry the brand as well. Down to support!

4 Likes

Thank you @badteeth @Harry @CameronMoulene @CryptoLogically @Moonlyght and @CLVRKE
I’m actively looking for devs and interesting people who can work on this with me and help build something amazing from the DAO itself.
I’m attaching this google doc below which can be somewhat an early roadmap? o.O
Anyways feel free to drop your feedback or any lead, or comment on the doc for ideas or improvement. I believe this can be ground breaking in terms of web3 and possibly web4 infrastructure.

7 Likes

Love this idea, would love to discuss and potentially collaborate on making it a reality.

6 Likes

Very smart, that’s a good idea :+1:

3 Likes

Tell me more about the hardware systems you will need for this.

3 Likes

Just being a bit of devil’s advocate…

We already have seen more and more naming services coming out on top of natively built protocol.
You have ENS (.eth that is widely recognised and integrated)

then you have .lens and others like farcaster trailing behind and gaining more traction.

then lastly you have more niche ones like nouns naming service, cross-chain like .smol by smolverse.

Is the intent to introduce yet another namespace, primarily a branding play for awareness
or more because people would love to replace their .eth names with .ape instead for a sense of belonging (signal tribalism)

–
Fragmentation in namespace shouldn’t be added because it is possible and cool to do so but if there is clarity in β€œwhy” its needed in the first place.

Just food for thought.
I really appreciate the idea though. Nobody came up with it so far from what i can tell so kudos for that.

8 Likes

I see your point. This is absolutely will help branding and build platform for more Apecoin marketplaces.

3 Likes

Thank you :smiley: β€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€

2 Likes

Hello @TheFatherOfAllStorms , what do you mean by hardware systems? o.O

2 Likes

Hey @supriyo !
I agree there are few examples already that exist, ENS being the primary one used by almost everyone. In some way you answered your question already about " Why is this necessary "

Ape is widely recognized as well, what Apecoin need right now is usecase around it other than being accepted as a currency and ultimately creating its unique identity .

Regarding this, they sure exist but their user base is limited, I hope you are aware that NNS is literally an exact copy of ENS in every aspect. But they slowly growing and now with the latest 195 eth they got funded they aim to expand it more which will ultimately help nouns spread their nounish culture.
But again, those wont be able to get adapted nor widespread themselves as efficiently as .ape can.

After pfp, name extensions are the best thing to show the sense of belonginess and culture!
Ty ser <3

6 Likes

Great Idea @Evil! I know some product people who might be interested to jump on and turn this into a reality. feel free to dm!

@supriyo, I hear you. We need to see if there is more value in it besides Branding/Awareness Creation (which could be substantial enough by themselves, considering we are aiming to build the no#1 web3-native Metaverse. Many of people being onboarded in the future, might not even have set up a wallet yet.

Right now key advantages would be imo:

• 1. UX and Community: Makes it easier for people to engage with each other in ApeCoin dApps. In the end we are still a relatively small community that will grow substantially with launch of first ApeCoin applications. We should provide an easy way to remember people you’ve met there
  • 2. Awareness: Could see this becoming not just the Ape Ecosystem, but a wider Metaverse version of ENS. Great branding opportunity for us
  • 3. Easy entry for mass market: Trad world used to nicknames, this obv would facilitate entry into ApeCoin ecosystem, if set up right.

A wider topic that this plays into is the onboarding piece from an account perspective. Besides all the informational onboarding that a couple of folks are working on already incl @dyorjdr, @Hangout, @Halina.eth, myself and many others

8 Likes

Hey hey @Bernard,

Your post just reminded me to ask @Evil that if the .ape extension makes it easier for members to engage with each other purely because they have that suffix, is there a risk in the implied β€œtrusting” of anyone with a .ape extension?

Is there thought being given about how to validate the β€œreal” members of the community versus anyone with nefarious intentions grabbing an .ape extension?

Then again, could be overthinking this – but glad to throw it on the radar. By the way, my domain is notawalletdrainer.ape - :laughing:

Onward
SSP :fist:t4:

4 Likes

Hey @Bernard ty for reply.
I’m trying to spread the ape ecosystem in my region as well with this AIP

Following this and regarding .ape, like I said I’m in talk with few devs and brainstorming. Idea is more than brand awareness and sense of belonginess as time passes by. My DMs are always open ser. Community building something together will always be 10/10 !

Also, I plan to create a zero code tool like manifold, but unlike people making their own smart contract, I am aiming for something where people can have their .ape domain and create their own subdomain using it, basically more freedom to individuals and help build digital identity even more secure with this.

4 Likes

I guess this problem still exist with .eth, .lens etc.
Not to forget the good old pfp scams where people pretend to be someone else around discord and twitter. Classic phishing scam lol
Also to solve this part, something I cooked up yesterday , do check Phase 2 below

In some way this will solve the problem itself

2 Likes