Discourse translating tool

Hey there everyone, i have been seeing allot of people having struggle with talking or understanding english.
My idea was to create an tool for discourse where we would have a button to translate the AIP idea or whatever it its written there.
I dont have the knowledge needed to create such a tool but i think this should a thing that should be looked into, since such an simple thing can make 99% more easy to use and undertand discourse for people that have another language.
If anynone haves any idea or sugestion make sure to say it!!!

if you use google you can automatically translate all the comments in your language. I use it to help me with some words I don’t know.

12 Likes

You could also copy and paste into chatGPT as well!

8 Likes

On chrome you can right click and translate anything. Shouldn’t this be enough?

3 Likes

On firefox seems not to work

2 Likes

Thats true, but an ape tool would be dope

2 Likes

You are assuming that everyone uses chrome ?

2 Likes

Safari has this option as well and for firefox there are plenty of extensions that do this. Or you can use the official one. Same goes for pretty much every modern browser.

1 Like

Google and chatGPT, most of us use it, I believe the question of when you have a call on discord or twitter, some spoken interaction between all DAO members, both google and chatGPT, is not going to help you… .
the implementation of a translation tool or someone who could summarize or translate the calls to other languages, it would be a tremendous evolution for members of other languages…
this is just my point of view…

3 Likes

chatGPT and Google are the beginning, but if we want to go further with DAO issues, we also need to go further with troubleshooting, does anyone agree?

2 Likes

He talked about translating the AIPs and the solution I proposed to him is more than adequate for resolving the language knowledge difficulties. For what you say, I have read of solutions that partially solve the problem but the translation takes place with delay.

2 Likes

On Google Chrome, you can double click or highlight the text you need to translate.

2 Likes

Although there may be other solutions out there, I wouldn’t be opposed to the DAO looking into a native tool that people could use in Discourse.

Communication is a major problem that we face, so even if nothing else, this would provide a welcoming gesture to those who need it most.

It’s also a tool that we could get behind and promote to regional communities and give them a reason to hop in and try it out.

Nice initiative @Tanjiro would learn more about costs :+1:

AC

5 Likes

yeah. what you think about that ?

3 Likes

Thank you AllCityBAYC, i think havin that tool on discourse would made it shine more and about the costs im pretty sure making a tool like that its cheap, its not big coding behind that

3 Likes

Thank Mr.and89 i really think its an easy tool to add and very necessary one.

2 Likes

Yeah but thats one browser, having an tool insert direct on discourse would cut allot of problems

2 Likes

There is already a tool, some browsers have built-in translation tools, just right click and click on translate. Others don’t, but you can use extensions to translate all the page with one click, as I do when I visit websites written in any other language rather than english or portuguese

2 Likes

Assuming costs are reasonable — I am in favour, as this is a critical area that the DAO needs to improve on.

If we cannot implement this initiative for monetary reasons, having clear instructions on our forum showing people how to use these third-party solutions would be the next logical step.

AC

4 Likes

I think it’s best if a native tool is built other than depending on third party tools. Some might not be available in some countries due to sanctions or censorship. Discourse has a translator plugin that the admin can implement

5 Likes