Enable DAO-Wide Voting to Elect Working Group Stewards

I rest my case:

While I am not inclined to get into the politics and in-fighting that’s now resulted from this incident AIP idea, I have no doubt that @Sasha intended to make a go of the AA - as best he could. For free no less.

But again, there’s ZERO tangible incentive to do it. He did it anyway.

Personally - and I have run the numbers and probabilities - below is what I believe is a better end goal here. Anything short of this, and there’s a 98.763% of failure in the short-term (there no long-term prospects here). You can quote me on this down the road.

PLAN A

1. Dissolve the Ape Assembly. Nothing of value is lost. Much ire. Deal with it. Stuff happens.
  2. Cancel this “Enable DAO-wide voting to elect Working Group Stewards” AIP idea. Nothing of value is lost. Amplify would be miffed, but he gets paid for results, not for his feelings. I’m sure he won’t mind all that much.
  3. Governance Working Group hires 3 professionals to lead the Marketing/Metaverse/Treasury working groups (no voting required)
  4. Governance Working Group sets up a budget (no voting required) to fund the 9 individuals in the aforementioned working groups. And they should, you know, follow proper hiring guidelines and hire competent people (not necessarily their buddies) . A word on this: I note that they had a budget of $27K per month (for 3 people) which matches the salary of the current stewards. That’s more than adequate to hire 3 people with years of Web2/Web3 bizdev experience at $108K per year each for the MWG by itself. The other marketing and treasure group hires are self-explanatory.
  5. Use the $10K per month budget for the AA to hire 1 person to focus solely on the hiring of the above 9 people. Do NOT use a hiring agency for this. If you know anything about this, you already know why you don’t want to do this. You could use a single consultant for this. Give them 90 day contract to fill all 9 spots. Arguably, I don’t see why our $75K per year overlords at Webslinger can’t handle this aspect. If they do, that would save a lot of time - plus they’re probably just going to farm it out anyway, and pay for it using that $10K per month budget until all 9 positions are filled.

PLAN B

1. Dissolve the Ape Assembly. Nothing of value is lost. Much ire. Deal with it. Stuff happens.
  2. Cancel this “Enable DAO-wide voting to elect Working Group Stewards” AIP idea. Nothing of value is lost. Amplify would be miffed, but he gets paid for results, not for his feelings. I’m sure he won’t mind all that much.
  3. Governance Working Group under an RFP (similar to this) hires a corp/team, similar to Webslinger
  4. Governance Working Group sets up a budget to fund the aforementioned corp/team, who then hires - and manages - the 9 individuals for all 3 working groups at a cost of $324K per year + their costs.

That’s the path forward that I recommend to our DAO overlords of sound mind and body.

ps. lol! Who am I kidding? They’re never going to do any of that. So, let’s get on with the vote. It’s what we do here now.

1 Like