How can I help? 👨🏻‍💻

@ ETH San Francisco I stopped by the Ape Coin booth and was reminded of the philosophy/vision for Ape Coin: A token made to support the evolution of art, gaming, entertainment, digital and physical events, storytelling, and everything else web3 dreams up.

I have a background in music and video production. I have been coding for 5 years now. Did full stack development bootcamp and a solidity bootcamp. Ready to build! :rocket:

9 Likes

Welcome, JS! I think you’ll find a number of initiatives that are to your liking. Selfishly, :sweat_smile: I’d draw your attention to mine! It’s music based, a decentralized record label that

1. cuts the fat from crappy music contracts &
  2. works as a job creator for Apes interested in all aspects of the music business, not just performance!

I’m doing my best to combine the efforts of many Apes and Ape projects on this, and if you see a fit, I’d love your comments and inspiration on it. Here’s the link: AIP-143: Bluetail, Apecoin DAO's Decentralized Record Label

Hope to hear your thoughts!

–Mantis

5 Likes

That is sick!! Bluetail vision is on point :fire:

I am actively working on a Latin music NFT marketplace: www.asumadre.io

Focus is helping musicians first onboard by making a wallet, make their smart contracts pro bono until traction is built, and curate a :fire: playlists/collection of artists.

Still a work in progress. If you scroll to bottom you’ll find my code repo. I deployed this on the Celo testnet.

I planned on launching on Nov. 17 (Latin Grammy date) on mainnet but time and funding is what I need to be able to build this full time.

4 Likes

Congrats on your soon-to-be launch.

I planned on launching on Nov. 17 (Latin Grammy date) on mainnet but time and funding is what I need to be able to build this full time.

If you’re looking for funding, this is a must read: ApeCoin DAO Governance

Perhaps you should get on the call I’m having soon with @Amplify for Bluetail. You will get to meet other Apes interested in music and learn about the proposal process. DM if interested!

5 Likes

Welcome to the DAO @jos3 and thanks for stopping by the Apecoin Booth at ETH-SF - shoutout Halina and crew. Looks like you already have a project to get involved in, congrats.

Quick-tip to being a truly valuable member in the DAO is Homework:

And your homework is to spend a day going back through all the AIPs - read the proposals, the comments, the follow-ups and get to learn the process and the funkiness of Discourse.

This archaeological digging will not only help you understand the DAO but place you in a rarified group of token holders to have done so - sorry no POAPs for this :laughing: - at least not yet.

Obvs your choice to do so or not – it’s not mandatory, although it should be.

Again welcome - look forward to your contributions.

Peace :v:t4:
SSP - Vote for Me

8 Likes

awesome! i am definitely interested. When is the call scheduled?

3 Likes

Halina is so cool! She pointed me towards the Ape Coin Forum.

I will definitely do my homework and go through the AIPs.

thanks for the advice and welcome. :pray:

8 Likes

Call already happened! We’ll get you on the next one. In the meantime, reading all that stuff @ssp1111 and I suggested will help you tremendously

1 Like

Hi @jos3, it was so amazing meeting you at ETH SF and I’m beyond thrilled to see you post here in Discourse!! A huge warm welcome to you and we love to see new members coming in & joining the conversation :white_heart:

Your background and talents are such a great fit for our community, @Mantis & Bluetail are amazing- excited for you guys to connect! Some other community members you may be interested in connecting with are @Novocrypto (AIP-127: New Year’s Eve Party 2023 for Apecoin Community) and @thrivegiraffe (AIP-124: Thank APE: Rewarding ApeCoin Members for DAO Contributions!).

And please don’t hesitate to reach out anytime if you have any questions about the DAO, ApeCoin, or anything at all I can help with- my Twitter is linked in bio & DMs are open! Reach out to any community member anytime, @ssp1111’s advice is golden and as you learn about current & past proposals you’ll find that we’re all here to support each other’s growth :butterfly:

-Halina.eth :cherry_blossom:

7 Likes

Special shoutout to @adventurousape, @0xSword, @Vulkan, and many others for being so kind & supportive when I first joined ApeCoin DAO as a newbie two months ago- you all are the best, excited to pay it forward 🫶🏻

6 Likes

Welcome to the DAO and forum @jos3 glad to have you! Many ideas are Music centred, Mantis would be the best person that comes to mind in regards to the topic, if you have an idea that you think is worth funding the DAO can potentially help with that! :gorilla:

4 Likes

This is amazing, and truly shows the power of IRL events in the Web3 ecosystem! I love that you were essentially onboarded IRL at the ETH SF hackathon!

I’m sure you’ve been reached out to by now by many active contributors and I wanted to echo the sentiment that you are incredibly welcome here! We look forward to all that you have to offer and contribute! :heart:

If anything specific comes up, you can bet I have you on a list of interested devs for engaging projects! Thank you for being here, and again WELCOME!!! :heart_hands:

6 Likes

Welcome @jos3! Some great advice from the others on how to get started! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

4 Likes

Welcome @jos3! Glad to have you here! If you have any questions feel free to ask away. I would also like to talk to you about your coding experience if you’re up for it! Have a few potential ideas there.

4 Likes

Special shoutout to @Halina.eth for always being upbeat, enthusiastic and ever-helpful. Truly a special member of our community. I felt like I was at that ApeCoin booth in spirit!

8 Likes

You’re the best Logically!! You did an amazing job organizing our recent Bay Area Apes meetup and the event was such a great catalyst for friendships to form :cherry_blossom:

I thought it was so cool I randomly met Skvll the 13 year old hacker with his family, and now only a couple weeks later they’re the grand prize winners for all of ApeCoin DAO x ETH SF :gem::butterfly::cherry_blossom:

5 Likes

Welcome @CryptoLogically and thanks for the kind comments for our team-mate, Halina:

:tada: FYI - she’s a valuable member of our team at ApeComms too :laughing:.

Peace – SSP :v:t4:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.