New Group - Delegates

I think we should add a new group: Delegates

https://forum.apecoin.com/g

This will make it much easier to find Delegates in the forum.

Here is an example from ENS:

4 Likes

I did a delegate search on the forums and came up with some past efforts and results.

I found that we have a [dormant] “delegates” user account

We also have a dedicated delegates page

How does your suggestion relate to the above?

1 Like

We have the delegate.apecoin.com page which has some bugs, needs a wallet connect update.

However, I was thinking more to mirror how we have a group where you can see all the Accepted Authors, we could see a list of delegates and message them from inside the forum.

Look at this as a comparison:

https://forum.apecoin.com/g/Authors

Essentially mirroring this for Delegations over X APE, Maybe 100k. We could do 10k but it needs more work to maintain it.

3 Likes

Right. The vision is all clear now. Great idea btw.

2 Likes

As someone who is bootstrapping a Delegation (Banana-Island by MadBananaUnion) … I think this would be super helpful.
Thank you.
-MonkeyMike.eth

messaging them inside the forum would be awesome. Better than my current strategy which is a literal list of delegates and their X pages, and maybe a Discord, so that I can DM them.

1 Like

Right. But they would have to come to Discourse in the first place. Most of them don’t.

3 Likes

If you message in the forum, many users have a notification setup and receive an email.

1 Like

Yes - I am well aware because I use those notifications. Regardless, if they weren’t coming here before - and probably don’t even haven an account - why would a notification suddenly make them come? And what if they don’t already have an account here, then what?

2 Likes

I could be wrong, but I think @bigbull and @AaronHaber are making a strong push to get delegates more involved. Including creating more delegates, getting more responses from them about AIP’s up for vote, and gleaning info about how they make their decisions to vote.

So, I would think that with this initiative, Big Bull’s intent is to get them to use the forum more, and create more engagement between them and authors.

So, I don’t see the initiative as a negative at all. Helpful for authors for sure.

2 Likes

Certainly not a negative push at all. But as with all results-driven initiatives, the bottom line is whether or not attempts to get them involved in the community is successful. Last year, Annie (I haven’t seen her in awhile) started an initiative to connect authors to delegates. That wasn’t successful AFAIK. Delegate Ambassador Program - pilot phase

1 Like