AIP-477: Special Council To Clarify The APE Foundation

PROPOSAL NAME

Special Council To Clarify DAO Structure

TEAM DESCRIPTION

@SmartAPE // Derek Smart, DAO member and writer-of-many-words

I am an indie software developer who has been in the games industry as a gamer and game dev for over 40 years. I have designed, developed, and published over a dozen games during my career.

My first game, Battlecruiser 3000AD (aka BC3K), was a ground-breaking game that was ahead of its time. Published by Take Two interactive in 1996, it was one of their portfolio titles when they went public in 1997. So, you could say that I helped the company succeed to where it is today.

Over the decades, I have worked with some of best software developers and publishers around the world, and my works have been featured in various online and print magazines around the world.

You can learn more about me on my professional LinkedIn page.

PROPOSAL DESCRIPTION

There is a lot of confusion surrounding the leadership makeup of our DAO. This proposal seeks to update DAO resources while also providing clarity and transparency to activities and actions which may have changed during the course of the DAO these past two years.

ABSTRACT

While the APE Foundation Players – The Special Council [AIP-282] and APE Foundation Players – The Administrators highlight the role of the Special Council (subsequently “clarified” in a AIP-426: Special Council- Future election requirement and role clarification) and the administrators, the fact remains that it is still unclear what the Ape Foundation is, and who - decentralized or not - are a part of it.

ApeCoin Governance
ApeCoin DAO Dissected: The Foundation
AIP-1: Proposing the DAO - Process
WebSlinger: APE Foundation Cayman Administrator

dao_guidance

BENEFIT TO APECOIN ECOSYSTEM

dao_structure

Clarity is key, and with the ever-evolving nature of the DAO, it is imperative that DAO members have a clear understanding of the DAO construction, who the players are etc.

STEPS TO IMPLEMENT

Within 7 business days of this AIP passing, the Ape Foundation will update - if required - all pre-existing Ape Foundation resources located either on Discourse or elsewhere on the apecoin.com domain.

The Ape Foundation will create a forum post and graphic detailing the current structure of the Ape Foundation, and the names or aliases of all people and entities associated with it.

To the extent that the GwG and other pre-existing working groups are separate independent entities, they too are to be reflected in a diagram (similar to the one in this FAQ) so as to show their relationship to the DAO and all associated entities. The structure map diagram should also include the names of any entities that currently serve the DAO e.g. WebSlingers are part of the administrative group.

REPORTING EXPECTATIONS

The expectation is that this proposal would be implemented by the DAO’s administrative team.

The community should regularly review the impact of this proposal.

If accepted, the administration and the community should review the impact of the updates after the 3-month period for conflict ends.

OVERALL COST

Total amount requested from the ApeCoin Ecosystem Fund = 0

1 Like

100% agree on the need for more details & clarity.

Hi @SmartAPE,

The community feedback period for your proposal would be ending in less than 24 hours.

• If you’re content with the feedback received, your next steps are to finalize your proposal using the AIP Draft Template.

• A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft. Upon receipt of the final Draft, we will review and provide instructions on the next steps.

• Are you ready to proceed to the next phase or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

We look forward to hearing from you.

-@Facilitators

2 Likes

All set! Let 'er rip, ser!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@SmartAPE has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

This proposal has been assigned the AIP ID Number 477.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

We have no further questions for @SmartAPE . This AIP is now under Administrative Review.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like