AIP-476: ApeCoin Gaming Sub-Domains

PROPOSAL NAME

ApeCoin Gaming Sub-Domains

TEAM DESCRIPTION

@SmartAPE // Derek Smart, DAO member and writer-of-many-words

I am an indie software developer who has been in the games industry as a gamer and game dev for over 40 years. I have designed, developed, and published over a dozen games during my career.

My first game, Battlecruiser 3000AD (aka BC3K), was a ground-breaking game that was ahead of its time. Published by Take Two interactive in 1996, it was one of their portfolio titles when they went public in 1997. So, you could say that I helped the company succeed to where it is today.

Over the decades, I have worked with some of best software developers and publishers around the world, and my works have been featured in various online and print magazines around the world.

You can learn more about me on my professional LinkedIn page.

PROPOSAL DESCRIPTION

With the advent of ApeChain, it needs a centralized hub for all dApps related to the chain - especially for games. This hub will serve as the discovery platform for all dApps that are deployed on ApeChain and which will be showcased there.

All chains that feature gaming of some kind, have a central hub where such games and dApps are showcased. Not only do they show the health of the ecosystem, but they also serve as a one-stop platform for people looking for dApps (wallets etc) and games.

The $100M Banana Bill was created to promote ApeChain by deploying capital via grants and investments to grow the ecosystem.

ABSTRACT

It is important to note that while ApeChain is the chain, and ApeCoin is our DAO, there is no tangible benefit to creating these sub-domains off the .apechain domain. And as a matter of optics, we must always work to showcase the DAO that started it all, and from which everything else sprouted.

The following approved proposals are targeted for ApeChain, and so, will complement the creation of this discovery sub-domain in some meaningful way.

AIP-437: A Powerup for ApeChain: Blever - where NFTs & Social Farming meet
AIP-433: APE Express - Next Gen degen tools for building instantly on ApeChain
AIP-418: APE Builder Developed by Sequence
AIP-397: NFT Launchpad Powered by $Ape!
AIP-395: .APE - Launching the Real .APE Top-Level Domain on the Internet

Some Gaming Chain Hubs

Arbitrum Games
Avalanche Games
Beam Games
IMX Games
Treasure Games
XAI Games

BENEFIT TO APECOIN ECOSYSTEM

This will provide a central hub for all dApps deployed on ApeChain, while also aiding in the discovery of said dApps based on category, content, and scope.

Not only does such an initiative demonstrate our commitment to make ApeChain a success, but it also serves as an incentive for others to take a look, see what we’re cooking - then hopefully decide to deploy on ApeChain.

STEPS TO IMPLEMENT

1. Within 7 (seven) days of this proposal passing , the Ape Foundation and/or GwG - whichever is best suited to undertake this initiative, will create the following sub-domains within the .apecoin main level domain. One of the domains can be the primary, while the other can be an alias.
  1. Within 7 (seven) days of this proposal passing, the Ape Foundation and/or GwG - whichever is best suited to undertake this initiative, will engage the services of a third-party web builder and content creators - preferably from the DAO community - to create the website which would be the forward facing UX for the selected primary sub-domain above.

2. Though not a requirement of this proposal, as a member of the DAO, and a legacy software developer, the Ape Foundation or GwG, if it so chooses, is welcome to consult with me about my vision in terms of layout, content, design etc. for the domain hub. I will neither be requesting nor expecting payment of any kind for my services in this regard.
    As the proposal author, my single mandatory requirement which must be a part of the website design, is that our much loved ApeKin mascot be the prominent face of the hub, and used throughout where necessary and as-needed.
    See AIP-289 and creator @AnnieRawrz guidelines for its use.
    In the event that additional custom work is required for the use of ApeKin on the website, then the payment, terms, conditions etc. of such an engagement is left for the ApeKin creator and the Ape Foundation to address. My point being, unless otherwise determined by the creator, I expect that said creator would be adequately compensated for any/all custom work that this website requires in its use of the ApeKin mascot.

3. All pre-existing and future ApeChain related dApps, infra etc. (e.g. AIP-418 which was revised to be on build.apecoin.com) are required to be hosted off the .apecoin sub-domain.

REPORTING EXPECTATIONS

The expectation is that this proposal would be implemented by the DAO’s administrative team.

The community should regularly review the impact of this proposal.

If accepted, the administration and the community should review the impact of the updates after the 3-month period for conflict ends.

OVERALL COST

Total amount requested from the ApeCoin Ecosystem Fund = TBD by Ape Foundation

Can you elaborate on how this is different/similar/complimentary to Pinky’s Bored Arcade proposal that is also under consideration?

They are completely different initiatives.

My proposal is a centralized hub for showcasing any/all games and dApps built on ApeChain. It’s why I added the website hubs of other chains which is for showcasing dApps built on them.

The @pink proposal is specifically for a suite of Ape branded games that they are making. And that’s no different from any other team making a game for ApeChain.

See:

BoredArcade is bringing the Degen community to apechain

Bored Arcade is a one-of-a-kind degen arcade and mini-game creation factory fueled by $APE coin. It features engaging and addictive mini-games packed with rewards, all themed around BAYC/YUGA. It also includes a mini-game creation engine designed to tap into the entire meme coin industry, all powered by Apecoin, enabling users to create and share their unique, meme-inspired games.

I like hub. for more general projects, games. could be its own feature and highlight our gaming aspects of ApeChain.

A leaderboard. version could be nice to track project volumes, transactions or some other metrics.

Anyways, just some thoughts, I like the proposal.

Having two separate landing pages would lead to fragmentation. It’s why I added two, whereby one is an alias of the other depending on which one is chosen to be the primary one.

And so, instead of having two, we could have hub.apecoin.com as the primary, then the dApps on the landing page be organized into categories and sub-categories. But since games.apecoin.com is just an alias, it could be setup to go directly to the primary or redirected to the main ‘games’ category on hub.apecoin.com

ps. This is the idea that I wanted to discuss with you, and for which I had sent you a msg on X this past Fri. I wasn’t going to put it up right away because, given your experience and being in the DAO, I wanted to see if you had any other ideas so that you could maybe co-author it. I didn’t hear back, so I put it up today instead of with the other 9 that I subsequently put up.

1 Like

Hi guys, just to chime in because I saw we were mentioned. Bored Arcade will be very different from other mini-games being launched on ApeChain. We’re creating a complete arcade experience with eventually 15-20 interchangeable mini-games working in unison (picture a degen Chuck E. Cheese). We will have an integrated wallet and a raffle system for rewards and prizes unlike anything on the chain.

1 Like

As a kid who grew up with Chuck E. Cheese’s and as a dad who’s been there as recently as last week… I’m here for it.

1 Like

hahaha awesome brother ! yeah ive got two boys so im there regularly as well

1 Like

But will Bored Arcade have pizza? :rofl:

1 Like

100% and a salad bar

2 Likes

Is this similar to how the Otherside wiki (https://www.otherside-wiki.xyz/) would be a central repository for information, but for ApeChain rather than Otherside?

Yes. It’s a hub for information and dApps deployed on ApeChain. Just click on one of the links in my proposal and you will see how that works.

1 Like

Hi @SmartAPE,

The community feedback period for your proposal would be ending in less than 24 hours.

• If you’re content with the feedback received, your next steps are to finalize your proposal using the AIP Draft Template.

• A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft. Upon receipt of the final Draft, we will review and provide instructions on the next steps.

• Are you ready to proceed to the next phase or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

We look forward to hearing from you.

-@Facilitators

1 Like

All good here. Please proceed. ty

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@SmartAPE has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

This proposal has been assigned the AIP ID Number 476.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

Our team has reviewed and discussed @SmartAPE’s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

I withdrawing this proposal as it’s now obsolete due to the recent procurement of the apechain.com domain by the Ape Foundation where all such domains are expected to be hosted.

@SmartAPE has requested to withdraw their application. This AIP will be moved to and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

Kind Regards,

@Facilitators

1 Like