Beta Testing Group

One proposal idea I’ve been thinking about lately is setting up some kind of Beta Test Group to give DAO-approved projects a user base to utilize for front-end testing. This could be when projects release their Beta version or even before to provide feedback. If this is a group you would like to be a part of, please comment below!

What motivated me was seeing projects struggle to get people to test their site and provide feedback. Sometimes, they aren’t sure who to reach out to to ask for feedback or who is willing to help test. The goal of this would be to provide a way for these projects to easily find Beta testers.

• Step 1 could be to gather and manage a list of people interested in being a Beta tester. Please comment below if this is you!

• Step 2 could be to incorporate some kind of reward system for people who provide feedback the project incorporates into their app/site/etc.

This would be similar to AIP-155 but slightly different. Whereas AIP-155 would focus on the technical and security bugs, the Beta Testing Group would focus on UI/UX feedback and enhancement/feature requests.

@zheerwagen this is the idea we discussed a few days ago. I realize AIP-155 is already in the Draft phase so it might make sense to have this idea be a separate item considering it is a different type of testing than what AIP-155 would focus on. Hopefully we can develop this one together (with others as well) as well.

100 Likes

I’d definitely love to be a part of early testing.

20 Likes

Always happy to pass judgement :innocent: as you know. Glad to help if I can, test to destruction, time permitting, giving brutally honest feedback always.

I also have ens name betatesting.eth - so I feel qualified :rofl:

Jokes aside, it is a great idea - anything that leads to more in-depth discussions around the development and refinement of sites/products/ideas etc etc is a plus in my books - good luck with this!

15 Likes

Agreed and love to be a part of this.

16 Likes

Sign me up captain! :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Good idea. Personally, because of our recent beta-testing phase, we haven’t had big problems finding a user base to try and give us feedback, but it is true that it was something that we had to proactively look for, ask…etc If there was one predefined user base known by the Foundation would be great and would save a lot of time for future AIPs

12 Likes

Yes good idea, as for example past problem with delegated vote with $APE staked we have solved by ourselves… :+1:

9 Likes

Fun way to get people interacting with the DAO and an excellent opportunity for teams to get their AIPs dialled in that much more. Great idea Vulkan… Count me in.

AC

13 Likes

Huge fan of this idea Vulkan. The more iterative we can become in the AIP process the better drafts will surface. If we focus on alignment and improvement then we’re going to really start to see changes in what makes it to vote.

This is an integral step in the overall AIP process, which I hope WG0 can form a focus group around, tear it down to the basics and build it up stronger again from concept to execution!

16 Likes

Love this idea, and loved beta testing different initiatives like ApeClub and ApeTalent so far!!

Sign me up for it :smiley:

22 Likes

Thanks for setting this up @Vulkan. I’d love to volunteer, but my concern is the schedule. I basically had to disappear for the last two weeks as I realized I’d vastly overextended myself, and really don’t want to do that again. Would testings essentially be on an as-needed basis?

10 Likes

Yeah I imagine this being on an as-needed basis. Projects could reach out to the Beta Test Group and anyone who is available to test and give feedback could do so.

15 Likes

I’m up for being a beta tester. I can also help build the coordination site/mobile app if needed. You can see my profile on apetalent.

16 Likes

BOOM!

Amazing how much talent is available - LFG

11 Likes

Perfect. If you’d put my name in the hat, I’d be happy to contribute and help when I can.

9 Likes

This is amazing (L) to see the platform is beginning to be used organically. In fact, with this, the idea occurred to me that we could even include as “groups” or “task force” that were generated in the DAO in ApeTalent, in this way, people have a place and easy access, not just see the history/reviews/skills of a community member but also which “task groups” they belong to.

For example, if a group of DAO “beta testers” were officially generated, a member of an approved AIP could go to ApeTalent and search for “Beta Testers” and all those on this list would appear and they could contact them from there.

I had this idea in mind, for example, for a long time to see the members of projects like Forever Apes, ApeComms or Boring Security… But this is another great example I think :slight_smile:

10 Likes

This would be awesome!

9 Likes

Great idea! Would love the opportunity to learn, provide feedback and help improve the overall apecoin ecosystem.

10 Likes

Absolutely be down for this as well. Think it’s a good idea.

10 Likes

I think this is a great idea and I would definitely be interested in supporting

8 Likes