GWG POLL - NFTs for AIP Authors

How do we feel about providing an achievement NFT to successful AIP authors?

It’s an idea that we’ve been kicking around for a while that I’d love to put into action, so let’s get the ball rolling with a few poll questions to help us start refining the concept… Tap in below :slight_smile:

Copy of Copy of Untitled Design

Should we provide an NFT to successful AIP authors?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Should it soulbound?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Should co-authors receive an NFT?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Yes but a separate category
0 voters

Should there be different NFTs for different categories? Examples would be ecosystem fund allocation, brand decision, informational or process.
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Should we provide milestone tracking NFTs, where a fully implemented AIP would be recognized as the highest level of achievement?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Copy of GOVERNANCE copy

3 Likes

Hey @AllCityBAYC,

As AIP author who passed 3 AIPs, I appreciate the creative idea and the effort to introduce achievements for AIP authors. It adds an exciting dimension to our governance process. But, it may not be our top priority rn. Our current focus primarily revolves around proposals directly linked to administration and governance.

Now I understand that GWG should focus on that field, I would like to see ideas which linked more to marketing aspect in that manner, there seems to be a lack of initiatives focus on $APE, and the token’s value is declining, with a diminishing community and limited activity.

Notably, a substantial portion of our budget is allocated to legal teams overseeing a DAO that may benefit from a more proactive approach to improving its functionality. Given these considerations, I believe it is imperative for us to redirect our attention this year towards enhancing the prospects of $APE.

-Mr. Hype :fire:

4 Likes

Hi there MisterHype!

This is a series of polls, in the idea phase of the ApeCoinDAO Discourse; where we encourage feedback and ideas of all shapes and sizes. If an idea pops up that doesn’t align with your needs, I suggest focusing more on the concepts themselves vs immediately looking to prioritize them next to things like token price.

Keeping that in mind, I am happy to let you know that the Governance Working Group is at the onset of building our next budget which will become a highly comprehensive document addressing many factors at the DAO; including things like the On-Chain Grants proposal that was put up just over one week ago — where in that one initiative we look to execute grants with a dramatically reduced overhead cost to the DAO, provide direct grant opportunities for new communities that we plan to onboard into our ecosystem, and roll out an on-chain protocol that has simply never been achieved before at ApeCoin, all in an effort to move closer toward a more diversified and transparent treasury.

I’d also add how important it is for us to keep a positive tone in our communication channels so that when we are able to bring new people into places like this, they feel comfortable enough to participate and put up their own ideas.

DMs are always open.

AC

3 Likes

Hey @AllCityBAYC,

I understand the importance of maintaining a positive tone in our communication channels to foster a welcoming environment for new participants, I am deeply passionate about ApeCoin DAO and the overarching impact of $APE, as evidenced by self-funded mascot in HK. However, it’s others lost of seeing some deep conversations and feels it’s not just WAGMI vibes. As I just mentioned before I glad to see those polls, using forum votes as a way to build the concept is a great way for AIP Idea phase, which so far, that phase didn’t actually made it’s purpose - very happy to see that (POSITIVE VIBES :fire:).

It’s good to know (and see) that the GWG is actively engaged in building the next budget, and I look forward to the forthcoming comprehensive document (on a side note, it would be beneficial to emphasize how AIP-317 demonstrates “value for money” for the allocated half a million).

As for the On-Chain Grants proposal, I’ve shared my suggestions during the idea phase. I hope you resonate with my perspective and consider incorporating the proposed changes into the AIP. I firmly believe it has the potential to become the “ApeCoin small businesses engine” for 2024.

Stay Hyped :fire:

2 Likes

I appreciate your comments. I 100% agree, we need clarity on what were the results from past AIPs, including those that have implemented and/or superceded and those that are on-going, but will be looking to extend and get future funding.

Implemented or Superceded - AIP-239: Working Group Guidelines & The Governance Working Group Charter
Implemented and Superceded - AIP-240: Community Discourse Facilitators
On-Going - AIP-317: ApeCoin DAO Governance and Operations Budget

FYI this is not related to the AIP Idea, so will likely move/delete once Implementation updates are ready. The point is don’t think these smaller initiatives means the core aspects are not being worked on. Also, these smaller AIPs could be useful at a later date.

3 Likes

Hey @bigbull,

I’m sure you got it on track. What does it mean “expired”? I don’t think AIP-239 can be expired, since it made the ability of launching WGs.

1 Like

Updated to implemented and Superceded. Part of the process now is checking on what was done or not. Also what was updated in later AIPs etc.

FYI this is not related to the AIP Idea, so will likely move/delete once Implementation updates are ready. The point is don’t think these smaller initiatives means the core aspects are not being worked on. Also, these smaller AIPs could be useful at a later date.

5 Likes

I read it and wanted to develop my own AIP

3 Likes

The idea of providing achievement NFTs to successful AIP authors is intriguing! It adds a unique and tangible reward element to acknowledge contributors. The poll questions cover key aspects like soulbinding, co-author recognition, category-specific NFTs, and milestone tracking, providing a comprehensive approach to refining the concept. Exciting initiative! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @AllCityBAYC,

The community feedback period for your proposal would be ending in less than 24 hours.

• If you’re content with the feedback received, your next steps are to finalize your proposal using the AIP Draft Template.

• A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft. Upon receipt of the final Draft, we will review and provide instructions on the next steps.

• Are you ready to proceed to the next phase or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

We look forward to hearing from you.

-@Facilitators

2 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@AllCityBAYC has requested to extend the community discussion period for this AIP idea. This topic will automatically close a further 8 days from now. We encourage the community to continue to engage in thoughtful discussions through constructive criticism, honest feedback, and helpful suggestions.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

-@Facilitators

2 Likes

Hi @AllCityBAYC,

The community feedback period for your proposal would be ending in less than 24 hours.

• If you’re content with the feedback received, your next steps are to finalize your proposal using the AIP Draft Template.

• A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft. Upon receipt of the final Draft, we will review and provide instructions on the next steps.

• Are you ready to proceed to the next phase or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

We look forward to hearing from you.

-@Facilitators

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@AllCityBAYC has requested to withdraw their application. This AIP will be moved to and remain in the General category.

Kind Regards,

@Facilitators

1 Like

Helpful feedback everyone…

And for anyone reading this for the first time, I encourage you to take 1-2 minutes of your time and complete the polls at the top of the thread.

AC

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.