Proposal Name: Bringing Web3 to Educators & Schools
Proposal Category: Ecosystem Allocation
Funds Requested: $84,951 in $APE
This grant will help us fund a series of events to educate educators about web3 concepts. Ed3 DAO, the first non-profit DAO for educators, by educators, aims to educate 1 million teachers and education professionals in web3 tools and principles. This grant requests $84,951 in $APE.
We believe that the more students know about blockchain, NFTs, and DAOs, the more they will innovate solutions for the most complex global problems. Our goal is to educate educators through substantive events so they can upskill students.
The APE Community has brought life changing opportunities and money to people who never could have imagined it. Communities like these are helping to level the playing field and create equitable models for living and earning. As APE continues to build it’s vision across a variety of consumer industries, it is actively and successfully scaling web3 for the next generation. That is the generation that will truly build the metaverse we dream of. APE community support will help us scale that impact faster with a farther reach. It will onboard educators who are passionate to help people learn new things and demystify complex ideas and concepts and a role that could have tremendous benefit for the growth of the web3 ecosystem and community.
The Ape Community’s mission to elevate cultural expression through web3 is currently limited to those who are already immersed in it. There is no better way to exponentiate this mission than bringing that very web3 ethos into classrooms to support student upskilling in web3. Blockchain is providing a slew of innovative opportunities for evolving education and the relevancy of student learning to the workforce. Our DAO events bring educators, who have no experience with this, into the fold in a practical and knowledgeable way so that they can create multiplicative opportunities for students.
We’d be grateful for funding for our event series and sponsorship for our unconference. We are excited by the possibility of partnering with Ape DAO and promoting the future impact it could have on the education industry.
We have a number of events planned.
- Monthly masterminds
- Weekly Edtalks
- Monthly Web3 in Edu talks (clubhouse, Twitterspaces and LinkedIn)
- Monthly member led workshops
- Monthly networking for Web3 educators in the Ed3verse
- Ed3 Unconference
The Ed3 Unconference is our largest event. It is one step toward creating the conditions necessary for educators to begin to learn about, understand, and leverage web 3 technologies for public good and prepare young people for the future of the web. It is a 3 day, global, ‘choose your own adventure’ event that will onboard 1-2k traditional & non-traditional educators into the web3 ecosystem. We have some sessions that are free for everyone. All of it is free for our NFT holders and ticketed for non-NFT holders.
Steps to Implement & Timeline:
Producing each of these free events requires coordination of resources, guidelines, and people. Over the next six months, we aim to host:
- 6 masterminds
- 6 audio spaces
- 24 edtawlks
- 6 member led events
- 12 networking events for web3 educators in the Eduverse
The largest lift is the Ed3 Unconference. Milestones for Ed3 Unconference include:
- Aug 2022: Website & registration process activated
- Sept 2022: Finalize activities program (agenda) & frameworks for engagement
- Sept 2022: Confirm 50 speakers
- Oct 2022: Virtual space built & tools finalized; onboarding ready
- Oct 2022: Register 2,500
- Nov 2022: 2,000 attendees & successful event execution
We request a grant/sponsorship from ApeCoin DAO to cover the following costs:
- Virtual space architecture development: $25,000 for virtual space build
- Tech subscription: $12,600 for 4 spaces with 500 capacity in Ed3verse
Compensation for Event Staff will be as follows:
- Unconference developer & manager: $70 x 20 hrs per week for 2.5 months = $15,750
- Marketing & content associate: $50 x 5 hrs per week for 2.5 months = $2,813
- Event coordinator: $30 x 5 hrs per week for 2.5 months = $1,688
- Day-of event Management staff: $15 x 5 hrs per day x 4 days x 10 people = $3,000
- Administrative: $15 x 3 hrs per week for 2.5 months = $500
Costs For Ongoing Events are outlined here:
- Zoom: $15.35 per month x 6 months = $100
- Ed3verse: $300 per month x 2 per month for 6 months = $3,600
- Two staff members to market & organize each event = $16,200
- $50 courtesy gift swag or crypto per event for non-staff talent = $1,200
This grant will fund & sponsor Ed3DAO to host educational events for 6 months.
The total cost for this proposal is $84,951 converted into $APE after proposal passes.